Welcome to a new, adventure-filled school year!
I'm your parents club president and it's my job to help you whenever needed, throughout the school year. I've been a parent of the PUSD for the past 10 years and have children attending Piedmont High School, Piedmont Middle School, and my younger two girls are at Havens (Grades 2 and 4). I'm happy to be a resource for you across all aspects of your school experience. Please feel free to contact me, any time, with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To start, I thought it may help to give you a quick list of the "MUST DOs" before the back-to-school chaos hits:
1. ENJOY the last few days of summer vacation! Ahhh ...
2. Definitely JOIN the Havens Parents Club (HPC). If you have not already done so PLEASE visit https://piedmontstore.org/membership and become a member. As with any school parent club, we are the liaison between the school and parent communities. We are a fun and inclusive group of parents who are committed to making the school experience as rewarding as possible for your whole family. Please come to our first meeting on Tuesday, August 20th at 7pm (Havens Library) to get involved!
3. VOLUNTEER for something that makes you happy! We have an abundance of volunteer opportunities across all sorts of interests. While it's expected every family volunteers at least once a year, we have many parents who volunteer regularly because it's a fun and easy way to stay connected to your child and the school community. This year we have an easy, direct web link to access all our volunteering opportunities. Please click through to sign-up for something that interests you and that works best with your family’s calendar.
4. Please CONTRIBUTE to our school by supporting the following critical programs - Teacher/Staff Appreciation (we value this deeply, it's first on my list for a reason!), Field Trips (which often become wonderful, life-long memories), our Tech Fund (we pride ourselves on keeping our children's education current and relevant) and buy some swag (to show your school pride - plus it's super cool stuff this year!). All of these contributions can be made easily at https://piedmontstore.org/essentials.
5. POP IN to our annual Welcome Coffee held in the Ellen Driscoll Playhouse, straight after the bell, on Tuesday 8/13. Our first school-wide event for the year, it's a chance to catch up after the summer vacation, to welcome new families and to sign-up for volunteer opportunities such as Room Parent, School Lunch Service, Library Support and many others. Hope you can make it.
Can’t believe we only have 6 days left!
See you next week,